Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The V-Roys Unite for New Years Eve 2011...so you'd better hold on


It was the Fall of 1994 the first time I heard the Viceroys...yes before they were the V-Roys it was Viceroys.  Some friends and I wandered into, Zarbo's, a bar in the 4th & Gill area of Knoxville.  Upstairs you could hear this rockin' music, so as we climbed the stairs and tried to squeeze into the mass of people around the bar I noticed the band was playing above us on the small loft area above the bar.  It was one of the coolest bar scenes I had ever been in before.  I had recently moved from the quiet fraternity centered parties of Clinton,SC,  so I guess it wasn't hard to impress me but either way this was a great night of great music!

In 1999 the band played their last show together on New Years Eve.  So it is only right that Scott Miller and the boys do their reunion show on New Years Eve 2011 and also at the Tennessee Theatre.
If you have plans for New Years Eve already...cancel them.  You need to see this concert.  I expect the Tennesse Theatre may never be the same come 12:01 AM.  
Tickets for the New Years Eve concert here.

Here's your reading assignments~
Scott Miller and V-Roys unite for one show
Scott Miller website
V-Roys History
Steve Wildsmith's Blog entry "Hell Freezes Over: The V-Roys Reunite for compilation album,show"

Mike Smith, The Showbiz Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment