Thursday, November 10, 2011

The PIXIES are coming to Knoxville!...Oh yeah...and other cities too.

Re-post from July 14th



I believe I first heard that these guys existed back in the summer of 1991.  It was also the year I turned 21 so of course a lot of things were new to me that year as well.  The first song I ever heard was "Where is My Mind" from Surfer Rosa.  The song had a haunting sound  and was one of my early rabbit holes into indie music.  Other aspects that pulled me in were the shouted Spanish lyrics and ripping acoustic guitar on "Oh My Golly!" As it worked out Trompe Le Monde was coming out later that year in '91 so I had caught my "Wave of Mutulation" for the Pixies so to speak.  Lyrics like "panamanian schooner" were filled with visual imagery and fascinated me, but really just sounds solidly cool in the song  "Subbacultcha".

So take a look at the Pixies website and you may see that the're coming to a smaller town near you.

Mike Smith, The Showbiz Kids




When iconic alt/rockers the Pixies say they're taking the "Doolittle Tour" on a world tour, they don't mean just the major capitals around the globe. So, the band - Black Francis, Kim Deal, Joey Santiago and David Lovering - is happy to announce that the celebration of the 20th anniversary of their beloved 1989 album will continue by taking the production - the biggest the band has ever mounted - to 19 additional U.S. markets. On the "Doolittle Tour," the band will perform all of the songs from their 1989 classic Doolittle and its related B-sides. "Weird at My School," "Dancing the Manta Ray," and "Bailey's Walk" among them. Doolittle, rated the second-best album of all-time by the NME, was the band's third album and the first to chart on Billboard's album charts, and includes classics such as "Debaser," "Wave of Mutilation," "Here Comes Your Man," "Hey," and "Gouge Away."

Tickets go on sale Friday July 15th at All Tickets Unlimited Locations & The Tennessee Theatre Box Office
$67.50 and $51.50 plus applicable service fees



No comments:

Post a Comment