Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday: Record Store Day



I don't necessarily suggest you camp out,but I would suggest you get an early start Friday morning to your local record store in order to find these special issues for Black Friday Record Store Day.  Here is a list of  the special releases.
You've seen countless ads on TV about Black Friday shopping at big chain stores,but I expect your record store experience doesn't involve trampling or eye gouging.  No, I bet you'd have a great time looking for cds or vinyl that you've had on yours or someone specials Christmas list...think ahead...if you know you're on the naughty list go ahead and pick up what you think Santa might not leave next to the lump of coal.

At this moment I'm digging Spoon "My Mathematical Mind"as I write this blog...music is a fulfilling part of my everyday experience.  As a side note, we need to be thankful for the Arts...music is as important to our ongoing culture as anything else.

Be sure to read this article 10 Reasons To Visit Your Local Record Store On Black Friday by Clare Flynn on NPR's All Songs Considered Blog.
Tim Boyle/Getty Images

If you're lucky enough to live in Knoxville, for a city this size, there are a bunch of local record stores for you to choose from

Disc Exchange
Raven Records
Wild Honey Records
Lost and Found Records


Mike Smith, The Showbiz Kids





No comments:

Post a Comment