Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just in time for summer, White Denim


There are only a select few folks that can recommend a new band or artist to me that I will blindly follow and two of those individuals make up the other 2/3 of the Showbiz Kids.  Shawn sent an email to me and Mike over the weekend suggesting a band he recently discovered called White Denim.  Feeling adventurous, I picked up a copy of their latest release 'D' along with the new MMJ, and I am really digging this band.

To give you the best description that I possibly can, imagine a hybrid blend of indie and jam bands-My Morning Jacket with a dash of Vampire Weekend along with Jerry Garcia on the lead guitar and you would have a good idea of what White Denim is all about.  Being a fan of all three, you can imagine why I am enjoying their new album so much. 

White Denim is a four-piece rock band from Austin, Texas. Their music draws influence from dub, psychedelic rock, blues, punk rock, progressive rock, soul, jazz, experimental rock with home-based recording, jamming approach, intense looping work and unusual song structures.  Let us know what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment