With only a few weeks before we are all found dropping some hard earned cash at our local record stores, Record Store Day has revealed the full list of exclusive releases available for this year’s iteration.
Set for April 21st, this year’s Record Store Day already promised new, unreleased, or rare music from The White Stripes, The Flaming Lips, At The Drive-In, Animal Collective, Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, Feist, and Grouplove.
Here are some of the other notable releases:
– Phish will reissue their first album, Junta, in two different deluxe LP configurations, including one (Pollock Version) which features a new piece of art by the original artists.
– Devo will release a live album called Live in Seattle 1981. The 2-LP set was cut from a cassette recording of Devo show in Seattle, WA show in November 1981.
– Jimmy Fallon will release his “Tebowie” tracks, “Tebowie” and “Reading Rainbow”, for the first time on 7″ vinyl.
– Bruce Springsteen will release the Wrecking Ball track “Rocky Ground” and a live version of “The Promise” on 7″ vinyl.
– Paul McCartney will reissue his first solo single, “Another Day”, b/w the B-Side “Oh Woman, Oh Why”, on an exclusive Record Store Day-only 7″.
– David Bowie’s 1972 hit single “Starman” b/w a recording of the track from his Tops of Pops performance will be reissued on a limted 7″ picture disc.
– Uncle Tupelo’s first three studio albums, 1990′s No Depression, 1992′s Still Feel Gone, and 1992′s March 16-20, 1992, will be reissued on 180 gram vinyl.
– Paul Simon’s Graceland 25th Anniversary edition will be available on vinyl.
– Janis Joplin’s 1971 album, Pearl, will be reissued in an extremely rare mono format. Also available will be a companion vinyl, Highlights from The Pearl Sessions, featuring several previously un-released and almost-never-heard alternate takes and early versions of classic songs.
– Lou Reed’s solo album Transformer and live album Rock ‘n’ Roll Animal will be reissued on vinyl.
– Iggy and the Stooges’ classic LP Raw Power will be reissued on vinyl, with both the 1973 David Bowie mix and the 1997 Iggy Pop mix, along with a 16 page book.
– Wilco’s latest LP, The Whole Love, will be available in a special “very” limited deluxe box set
– Eddie Vedder will release a two-track 7″ comprised of live Pearl Jam covers, “Love Boat Captain” and “Wishlist”, recorded during his Ukelele Songs tour last year.
– Ryan Adams will release a 7″ contain two Bob Mould covers, “Heartbreak A Stranger” and “Black Sheets Of Rain”, recorded during a tribute concert in Los Angeles last November.
– Pete Townshend will release the Quadrophenia Demos Part 2 on 10″ vinyl.