Saturday, May 5, 2012

Concert Review: Feist at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN





This past week, Feist performed at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN.  I was fortunate enough to be a part of this sold-out show.  Although I am not a huge follower of her music, I could not pass on the opportunity to hear her young and almost raspy voice at such an incredible venue.  


The stage was simple.  A blank canvas was used as a backdrop showing images of what seemed to be celestial, abstract artwork, but also videos of her and the band with live, overlaying shots resembling videos from the 1970’s.  


Her backup singers, called the Mountain Man (which are actually three young ladies) contributed with beautiful vocals and some percussion.  Her mellow tunes would at times break way to some upbeat crowd favorites like My Man My Moon, Mushaboom, and How Come You Never Go There.  


However, I was at times a little bored by her lack of enthusiasm on stage.  Although it isn’t really in her personality, I would have liked to have seen and heard more from her.  Now that I have seen her in person, I’m looking forward to going back to listen to her albums again to appreciate her and her art on stage.


-Jamie Day, Newest Contributing Writer of The Showbiz Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment